An assignment by Manuel Schmalstieg at EAA La Chaux-de-Fonds. The students had to produce a survey of tools and methods used in a professional field.
A class of Interactive Design students created a “2018 survey” of design tools used by digital agencies, in Switzerland and France.
The tasks involved:
- Defining the questions of the survey.
- Selecting an online survey tool (we chose Typeform)
- Building a contact list to mail out the survey.
- Creating a Mailchimp newsletter to send out the survey and allow for follow-up.
- Designing a visual concept for the presentation of the survey results (we used Figma).
- Coding the website.
Time available: 28 hours (in 7 sessions).
The initial brief: https://github.com/eaa-imd/designtools
The resulting website: https://eaa-imd.github.io/designtools/